Domina Authority and Page Authority are indicators created by a well-known company named MOZ.
MOZ is a very reputable company, they predict how a blog post or page will rank in search engine results. DA and PA scores are automatically calculated on a scale of 1 to 100 if you use the MOZ chrome extension. DA and PA scores are automatically calculated on a scale of 1 to 100 if you use the MOZ Chrome extension.
What is a Good Domain Authority Score?
There are a lot of factors to calculate the domain authority of a website but we want to give you the idea that big websites like Google, Apple, Microsoft or Wikipedia have a high DA between 95 to 100.
On the other hand, if you have created a new website, then your Da will be very less, probably between 1 to 20.
Let’s start with the parameters of domain authority calculation and what it means:-
- If your domain authority is less than 30 then it represents a bad score.
- If your domain authority is between 30 to 40 then this represents below average.
- If your domain authority is between 40 to 50 then this represents the average.
- If your Domain Authority is between 50 to 60 then it shows well.
- If your Domain Authority is between 60 to 70 then it shows very well.
- If your Domain Authority is above 80 then it shows Excellent.
An important point is that DA helps you to predict your website in performance results.
So if you want to rank on the top page of google or any search engine, then you have to work on the domain authority of your website.
How is Domain Authority Calculated?
If we want to know how to calculate domain authority then this is not a fixed method, different tools have their own methodology to calculate the domain authority of a website.
If we take the example of MOZ then they have around 40 factors to analyze domain authority.
So let’s discuss some factors:
- Moz Rank – This factor counts how many websites are linking to the webpage, it also looks at the quality of the websites that are linking to your website.
- Link Profile – This factor includes internal and external links to your website.
- Root Domains – When it comes time to look at your link profile, you also see the number of unique links you have from other websites.
- Moz Trust – Moz checks the credibility of websites linking to your page. If the link is from a government site or university site, you will get a higher score.
- Site Structure – To get a high DA, you need to make sure that the structure of your site is simple enough so that search engines can easily crawl your website, plus you need to provide a good experience to your visitors.
How to Increase Domain Authority?
When you are in the phase of boosting your website domain authority then you must remember that it is a long-term strategy to increase the DA of the website.
- Acquire high-quality backlinks from a high-authority website – A backlink plays a huge role in calculating domain authority and is also responsible for ranking in search engines.
- Create high-quality content that is link-worthy – It is popular for every digital marketer to say that content is king so if the content is helpful to others they will share each other so always try to make your content user-friendly and provide value.
- Audit your website and remove bad links – Audit your website regularly If you find any spammy backlinks then you should remove them on a priority basis.
- Optimize your overall website structure and enhance user experience – You should optimize your website structure for a good user experience.
- Improve your internal links – Internal link is also very useful to enhance the user experience, the link directs the user to other informational web pages on the website by doing this you can keep your user engaged.